As soon as you arrive in Kusadasi what you will
see is warm, friendly, hospitable people who are ready to help you with anything
Before you come:
1. Take traveler checks and one or two major
credit cards with you instead of cash.
2. Don't bring anything you would be very upset
if you lose.
Leave at home:
- valuable or expensive-looking jewelry,
- irreplaceable family objects,
- all unnecessary credit cards.
3. Leave a copy of your itinerary with family
or friends at home in case they need to contact you in an emergency.
4. Have two photocopies of your passport
identification page, airline tickets, driving license and the credit cards
that you plan to bring with you. Leave one of the photocopies with family
or friends at home; take the other with you.
5. Leave a copy of the serial numbers of your
travelers checks with a friend or relative at home. Carry your copy with you in
a safe separate place.
6. Check out if your personal property
insurance includes loss or theft abroad. More than that, check if your health
insurance covers you abroad.
7. Stop deliveries & have Post Office hold
8. Find someone, a friend or a parent to take care
of your pets, lawn, house plants.
9. If you are worried arrange for home security.
10. Empty refrigerator & garbage.
11. Pre-pay bills or ask close friend to
collect mail and pay bills for you.
12. Lock all doors and windows.
13. Check that you have Passport/Tickets/Money
a few times.
14. Pack your bags a few days before your
departure and make sure that you take everything you think you might need when
you are in Kusadasi. Such as:
- Vaccination certificate
- Insurance certificate
- Paper from your local social insurance
- Travel cheques/cash
- Emergency money
- Receipt for travelers' cheques
- Cards (Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard, American
- Driving license
- Address list
- Training shoes
- Swimming trunks
- Beach pants
- Video camera
- Film safety shield
- Video tapes
- Camera bag
- Extra lenses
- Extra battery
- Walkman/CD player
- Music cassettes/CDs
- Walkman headphone 'double' plug
- Contact lens equipment and spare glasses
- Hair care equipment (brushes, comb, blow
- Business/calling cards
- Watch with alarm
- Sewing kit
- Nail clippers
- Ear plugs
- Sports equipment (tennis, diving, fishing
- Sun cream
15. Balance your bank account.
16. Change the message on your answering
17. Confirm airline tickets.
18. Unplug electrical stuff.
19. Switch off the water to your apartment.